Monday, April 7, 2008

And sunshine plays the puddles through the mornings evenings afternoons

I just got back from the gym. It felt good, but I'm sure tomorrow won't feel as awesome. It'll be worth it, though, to not totally die on the soccer field later.

Today was...interesting....for a Monday, at least. I try to make my Mondays 'planning' days, as there are usually few samples to test on Mondays. This was not the case for today, however. First things first, I walk into the lab to check on my LC (a very expensive instrument I use every day to test lots of things) since I ran some stuff over the weekend. Well guess what....IT'S NOT THERE. Yep, an entire, 5-piece giant LC is MISSING from our lab, along with one other LC. I was in shock. That is the ONLY instrument I have to run samples on. Everyone else in my group has a few instruments....and I was planning on using this thing today. Anyway, I got to the bottom of it and it seemed that someone just decided that my instrument would be the one the manufacturer would take back to their labs to do tests on, since some of our instruments were "acting up". Mind you, my instrument was working PERFECTLY. There was nothing wrong with it! And whomever decided this DIDN'T TELL ME. Seriously. Effed up.

So anyway, after that crisis, I remembered I had to write a quarterly report...but then got reminded I had to run some trial dissolution...which took ALL EFFING DAY and it shouldn't have. I missed the champagne party for the drug I'm working on that's doing AWESOME things (VX-770).

Enough work stuff. I can't stop listening to Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin's new album, Pershing. I can't wait to see them again.

One of my neighbors is playing some sort of samba-like music VERY loudly. I think I'm going to read some more Harry Potter.

Rock.

No comments: