Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cranberry Trees and Shipping

So, this was purchased over a week ago and I'm just getting around to posting it on here. The placement of this design is what sold it for me. It's the Wednesday, April 8th design on teextile entitled "Cranberry Tree":

teextile

It seems like a metal band should use this for their shirts, haha.

Okay. Now...a little about shipping here. I purchased another shirt from teextile on March 23rd (see this post) and heard nothing from their shipping headquarters on the status of shipment. Five days after purchasing the Cranberry Tree design here, I received shipment notifications for BOTH shirts. That's a good 21 days after I ordered the "To the Stars" shirt. After reading community forums on teextile.com, I understand that they only print as many as ordered and obviously cannot print them until the end of the week, when all sales are over. That still doesn't justify shipping something out to me three weeks after I ordered it. Also note: that both shipments still only say that "electronic shipping information has been reveived" so god knows if they actually left their shipping facility. They are also on the completely opposite side of the country to make matters worse. Not sure if I'll ever see these shirts, honestly.

With Woot shirts, I generally don't expect to get them quickly, but they are always dilligent with the shipment notification emails and have even shipped another shirt to me (that was a Christmas gift for my brother) overnight when I told them I didn't receive it yet and it had been a month (I also sent them the totally crazy tracking information which sent it from Texas to New Jersey then back to Texas and eventually where it should have gone....a week after I got the replacement). TeeFury's a little on the slow side as well...but you pay $2 for that and at least they let you know when it ships. I'm kind of disappointed in this whole teextile shipment procedure. Not cool. I'll let everyone know when I finally get these shirts!

No comments: